#efhbx

If you are reading this then it may very well happen that you've bought one of my handmade notebooks. Here is a little information on what they are made of.

First of all, any good notebook needs good paper. So far I've been using paper from Fabriano, which I think is the oldest paper mill in Europe. They have a wide range of paper available, and I usually stick to 160g drawing paper for large books (A5) and 120g drawing paper for pocket sized ones (A6).

These papers are well suited for most drawing media - pencil, pen, charcoal, pastels. The paper will even handle light splashings of watercolour, but I would be careful with large washes. If that is your style I can offer you special made books with medium weight watercolour paper.

Now, a good book needs a good cover. I am rather boring in my preferences, I am happy with a monochrome, sandpapered cover. But I love creating more striking books suited for other personalities. I search through atlases and photobooks, old maps, travel brochures and whatever catches my eye. Recently I bought a coffetable book with black and white photos from Paris, and this turned in to one of the prettiest series of notebooks yet, in my own, humble opinion.

If you are a proud owner of one of my notebooks, don't be afraid to flash them in public or social media. I have created a hashtag for just that kind of use: #efhbx

Oh, if you stumbled on to this page and feel you are missing out on something, don't worry: I can mail the books anywhere in the world. Contact me through instagram or facebook, prices, photos and paypal will appear soon.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

ZUGUNRUHE

Silence

Istanbul diaries